I am so excited about this semester. I have great classes, a fantastic job, wonderful friends, the best family and a knowledge of Jesus Christ. With that which is great we often experience our greatest challenges.
These past few days have been very stressful for me. I have been very busy with church, work and school (not to mention attempting to have a social life). Sunday, it just hit my like a ton of bricks. I had a fantastic day. The spirit was strong and the messages hit home and were exactly what I needed to hear. They were uplifting and encouraging. Nevertheless, I found that when 10pm rolled around I was so stressed with life and the things I need to do to become better. I was overwhelmed. I decided to take the only refuge I could and went for a drive. I ended up at the Timpanogos Temple in American Fork. I just sat there in the parking lot and had that internal battle that happens so often. I finally remembered that I have a great life and that I am so incredibly blessed. It has been amazing since that moment to see how God is helping me and wanting to show his love to me.
At FHE Monday night, my FHE leader, Brad gave his spiritual thought from Elder Neil L. Andersen's talk "You Know Enough". The thoughts that were shared by all were exactly what I needed to hear.
My life is a busy one. I am so grateful for everything I have - including the fact that I am very busy. I have also come to the conclusion of my status: I am "right between ouch and poing" (echoing the 'ing' in poing). Probably not the best spot - but once the semester gets rolling all will be well.
No comments:
Post a Comment