My family has gone through 4 ward splits and one stake split in the course of 6 years. Pretty good growth if you ask me.
Our first ward was the Locust Grove Ward which met in the old white church on Locust Grove and Amity. I remember showing up on our first Sunday there and being so surprised to see ward members in cowboy boots and suspenders. In Sunday School I could hear the cows and chickens that lived next door. I loved it.
In the past 6 years I've been here I've seen a pre-missionary pass-out while giving a talk, had the fire alarms go off during sacrament meeting and spent a lot of Sundays attending 3pm church.
Yesterday my family was asked to speak (kinda like a missionary farewell). I lucked out and didn't have to speak. Saturday before we heard that our stake center (where we have our meetings) was flooded (again... this happens A LOT and it is brand new!). There was a change of schedule. We were to have sacrament meeting at 6pm in the old white church. It was a very nostalgic to have our going away meeting in the very building we first attended. Our ward has change a lot over the years but there were a few people that were there from the beginning. It was quite touching.
No comments:
Post a Comment