Pages

Thursday, 9 July 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

My family came in for the Fourth. My sisters were attending EFY and my parents were coming into town to pick them up. My cousins, the Lindseys, were going to spend a lot of time with us. We were all planning on all watching the Provo Freedom Festival Parade Saturday morning. In order to get a good spot we decided to camp out Friday night. On Friday I got to the spot outside of my apartment complex on University Avenue at 3:00pm. I had a lovely talk with the girl who was saving the spot next to me. 

It was very interesting to realize once again how much people love talking about themselves. If you truly want to "win friends and influence people" you need to let them know how important they are. By just listening to them and asking questions about them, they are drawn to you and consider you a very cool person. This is what happened with this girl who lives upstairs from me. I asked tons of questions about her and just let her talk. We didn't talk too much about me. And later she talked to my mom and she said how much she liked me.

We all went down to the Festival and walked around. It was a lot of fun. We sat and listened to two band/groups sing. The first was Brad Robins - a young attractive guy and the second was Jericho Road. Heather and I were on third row singing at the top of our lungs.

The camp out wasn't too great. I don't plan on ever doing it again. There were tons of people walking by our tent and the motorcycles kept going around and around. I think I got about 2 hours of sleep. Heather Lindsey and Chelsea Warren stayed out with me. It was a good experience and I'm glad I did it... but never again.

The parade the next morning was good. It started to rain part of the way through which was sort of fun. We then just spend the rest of the day with family. It was really fun!! I love spending time with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment