Pages

Friday, 4 December 2009

Chivalry IS dead

There are a few exceptions to this in society. I have several guy friends that keep it living (some more than others). In general though, I have found that no one cares for anyone else and only thinks of themselves. Obviously there is a story behind this, so here it goes.

I was walking in to the building where I work. There are four doors into the building. At this particular time there were several people coming out of the building. I noticed at least three strapping men walking out the door. They walked out the door just as a young mother was pushing her stroller towards the door. They didn't even notice her struggle to open the door for herself. I rushed over to open the door and help her out. I mean, really. Are we so self consumed that we don't notice the little things we can help others out with?! This doesn't just go for the guys, girls don't help anyone out either. It really doesn't hurt anything to help someone out.

I have also noticed that people don't take care of their surroundings. It doesn't take that much effort to pick up a piece of trash on the floor and take it to a nearby trashcan.

People just don't care.

1 comment: