Pages

Friday, 4 December 2009

Inspiration

The past few days I’ve been living in a hole. A good hole. But hole nonetheless. I’m doing my genealogy. I’m putting things together. I spend all of my evenings with my deceased ancestors. While in this hole I’ve climbed out a few times and had some good conversations with living people that have really inspired me.

Jeremy inspired me to be more outgoing and really talk to others especially in the ward. I used to be really concerned about others and tried to find ways to help them in their various trials. I did things like visit others and give secret Santa gifts. I then became the Relief Society President and that was my calling. However, after being released I seem to have let that part of my life go. I need it back!! So here I come!!!

I also had a conversation with Mary and she was telling me about a present she is giving a good friend of hers. This present is just a paper with quotes from her journals where she had written about him; his characteristics that impressed her and her memories of him. This has inspired me to be better about writing I my journal and writing my feelings, thoughts and interactions with others. Write about things that impress me about them. What I think about certain situations. I’m excited to get started again. It is nice to think about how these records will help me as I look back and read previous entries. (Records – gosh I’m such a genealogist!!!!)

At work there are so many fantastic people. I am truly blessed to know them. I started talking with Nuri. She is from Spain and is a bit older than I am. We began talking about dating and culture differences and European clothing styles. She is such a positive person. It was so nice to talk to her and be reminded once again of the eternal perspective. Take time to have fun but remember what is really important. I so often forget and need to be reminded.

1 comment:

  1. Angela, you are fantastic...i'm just sayin. :) You always bring me up and you are always fun to talk to. Thanks for your fabulous example!

    ReplyDelete