Pages

Monday, 22 March 2010

Idle Conversation

This is all we do now-a-days. We have "idle conversation". Conversation that is just filled with fluff. It goes no where. We learn nothing from it. It is forgotten as soon as it is said. Yet, this is all we do! We get together and "hang out", but to what end? The conversations we have are meaningless and worthless.

I have found that the conversations I enjoy the most are discussions. These discussions are ones that have purpose. I learn something new from these discussions. I come away still thinking about the conversation. I think we need more of those discussions. I need more of those.

Today we spend our interactive time watching movies and tv shows. We put on music. We get together and "play games". What do we learn about the people around us by doing these things? Very little, if anything at all!

I think this needs to change.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about the same thing on my way home from work today! Also I hate when people are talking and they use fluffy words that dont even add to what they are talking about like "As far as I'm concerned" and "In other words"! HATE THOSE SAYINGS! Should you be concerned and are you going to far? And why not just spit out what you are trying to say instead of putting what you just said in different words! MEANINGLESS WORDS!! That lead to pointless conversations that make no connections! I blame the lack of meaningful social interaction on texting! Why talk when you can type? LAME! P.S. I LOVE YOU TONS! How is my Angela Darling doing?

    ReplyDelete