Week two wasn't as eventful as week one but we had a wonderful time!
Hannah came to the visit the country. She joined our family on our adventure to Lowestoft Beach. There was a Young Single Adult activity for our stake there and we were not going to miss it. We all squished in our car and started on our 2 hour drive to Lowestoft. We walked all over that beach looking for a group that could be YSAs. A lot harder than you would think. We finally found them with help from my parents.
What a great group of people! I was so impressed with these young single adults and as I continue to get to know them better I am even more in awe of them. They are intimidating and yet so kind!
Highlights: Volleyball, touching a jellyfish, ice cream, watching a little kid stick his face in a water fountain, learning new words, and of course meeting great people!
On Sunday we went to church. I was called on to bear my testimony. Got a calling. Met more new people. Went home and got ready for the YSA fireside that night.
We got a ride with a new friend, Joel to the church where we met Jamie. He is such a funny awesome kid investigating the church! We invited him into our car while we all waited for the Bishop to arrive (he was our ride to the stake center). The joke of the night was how Jamie got into a car with people he didn't know and went to a church activity.
The fireside was given by Elder Wright of the 3rd quorum of the Seventy (I think). He gave a great fireside and we all got to talk to him afterwards. Some things that really struck me was how much he loves his wife. He has such a respect and love for her that is so pure and beautiful! That is something I want for myself. I want to have that love for someone and to be loved in return. I was also impressed with how I really need to slow down my life and have some "me" time.
Over all a brilliant weekend!! Loved having Hannah around. Loved meeting new people. Loved learning :)

No comments:
Post a Comment