Pages

Saturday, 31 July 2010

Smelling the Flowers

It appears I have forgotten that there are flowers!!

I realized yesterday evening after getting back from my day's adventures a few incredible things.

I'm in ENGLAND!!! Words can't describe that statement enough. Last weekend I was sitting at the statue in Trafalgar Square staring at Big Ben that was down the road. I was in a swarm of people from all over the world sitting in a place that many people only dream of.  On top of that I was doing nothing there. Just sitting. No where to rush off to. Nothing huge to see. Just time to sit and take in London.

Yesterday I drove in England. I went to a beach. I spent time with guys from a country that is several thousand miles from where I was living a month ago. I sat in their living rooms and saw their families. I was in a place that people don't dream about because they don't ever think about it. I think this was more monumental for me than being at the footsteps of Big Ben. I was witnessing someone's life. People I had never met until that day and people I've only known for a few weeks.

I'm not sure why this brought so much awe. But it has. Do we ever really think about where we are? Even if we have lived somewhere for our whole lives, do we ever pause to think about the 100,000 of people who would like to be in our place or who would find our lives just fascinating.

I'm not doing a very good job explaining my thoughts but I hope I have conveyed the gratitude I have for this opportunity to be here. I will try to always smell the flowers and really remember where I am.

1 comment:

  1. :) good post angela...loved it and love you! Keep loving where you are!!!

    ReplyDelete