Pages

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

England: Week 4 - London

After our adventure in Dover dad was courageous and drove into London and dropped Erin and I off in Kew where my friend Hannah lives with her parents. We had a blast spending the weekend with them.

Erin and I had our first experience in Primark (a clothes store - everything is cute and cheap). There were a million people in that store. We found our way around London with the underground and were excited that we could do it by ourselves! It really isn't that hard when you get the hang of it. (Thanks to the Zabriskie's help!)

Saturday Hannah, Erin and I went into London and visited the FREE museums!! Natural History and Science. They were really neat! We loved the Natural History Museum building! Just incredible!



The picture of me biting something was actually incredible! You bite down on a metal rod (with a sanitary straw between your mouth and rod) and plug your ears and YOU HEAR MUSIC!!! Physics is AWESOME!
Some jewels. Beautiful in and of themselves, but some of them GLOW in the dark!

After the Museums we hung out in London at the parks while waiting for the PLAY to start!

We found hand prints of famous people including Colin Firth, Hugh Grant and Jude Law. The little boy was some random kid that came up to us and starting talking to us. He was going up to everyone and was just yelling at them. I think he was lost...
So we waited and waited for our play...
Here we are in Trafalgar Square... 
Here I had a moment when I realized that I WAS SITTING AT THE BASE OF THE TRAFALGAR MONUMENT IN ENGLAND LOOKING AT BIG BEN!!! Wow. We were just chilling there enjoying the busy city. We were also in TONS of people's pictures. We tried to make faces at their cameras whenever we saw them ;)

We went and saw 39 Steps. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!! So quick and funny. It is a play with a cast of 4 and they are constantly in and out of different costumes. 2 of the actors we actually knew a little of. The main guy played Denny in Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. And the other was a servant in Amazing Grace. They didn't have huge parts but it was fun to look them up afterwards.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Sounds like you are having awesome experiences!

    ReplyDelete