1) Don't judge anyone. You might not understand why they are doing certain things. But someday you will understand and will find your foot in your mouth.Things I'd say that I'd never do I always find myself doing months or even years later. Like church dances. I remember as a 14 year old saying that I was never going to be like the Laurels that never went. Then I became a laurel and completely understood why they never went to dances. This is a lesson I get over and over again. I don't learn very well apparently.
2) I'm in the middle of standing up for myself. I'm a nice person and can often be a pushover. There is an individual I'm associated with that although quiet and reserved is a bit of a bully doing whatever they want. I'm not gonna let them get me. Things need to be fair. I have every right to be equal and treated the same. Just cause one person has trials doesn't mean you have to be above others. If you don't like that. Find someone else to use. I'm not gonna lie. It would be so much easier to just let it slide. But I need to be strong on this one. They can't push me around like everyone else.
I am continually learning to not say "I will never" to so many things. I almost wonder if doing so results in me doing whatever it was some time in the future. hmmmmm, something to think about. ;)
ReplyDeleteThe first thing that popped to my head: I won't get married young. I'm going to date a ton of guys and go on a mission before getting married. And of course I wouldn't get married in the cold of winter either. So I married at barely 19 at the end of December. A big HA! in my face! :)
I'm totally rooting for you on standing up for yourself! I think that's important and great!
(Geeze I have super long comments. I apologize. Maybe I should take this to my own blog.)