Pages

Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Cans for Men

Last night our ward had a canned food drive/auction. We would auction off our services and pay for them with our canned good. It was a great idea for an activity. My home teachers had mentioned that they had a great service on that list. My roommates and I were very curious - so what do we do. We go and use our family history/journalism/stalker traits and find out what their service is. This great service they were prepared to give as an apartment is to do a Shirtless kitchen and bathroom scrub while dancing and singing to the best music of the 80s including "All out of love". So basically we were really excited! We got our cans together and bid. Of course we won. We were competing with the Bishop (the auctioneers didn't read the "shirtless" part). Anyway, after the auction we went over to the home teachers place and watched some SNL clips and just talked about stuff.

I am really grateful for my home teachers. I can call them friend. I think what makes a great home teacher is someone that cares enough that you would feel comfortable to ask them for something. They don't need to be your best friend - but you should feel comfortable asking them for things. I am so blessed with the home teachers I have this semester.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! I had no idea about the shirtless part! I'm glad you guys got it, but man, how great would it have been for the bishop to get that...

    ReplyDelete