On Friday of last week, I went on a date with a good friend. We went to the Salt Lake City Grizzlies Hockey game. Loved it! The hockey game was super fast and exciting. There was even a pretty intense fight on the ice.
The point of my post is as follows:
We went with his grandparents who were invited by Zion's Bank to attend (we got to sit in a box suite). It was great to feel important and special and to be rubbing shoulders with important people. However, the thing I loved the most was the time I got to spend with a friend's grandparents (the fact that they were grandparents rather than just important people). I miss having grandfathers alive. I miss the opportunities I would have had with them. I miss having them giving me advice. I loved having that for even just a moment.
its funny how sometimes you dont understand until u see it from the outside looking in. :)
ReplyDeleteYa know, I grew up with only one grandpa and he was not very nice all the time. I always felt jipped in the grandparent department BUT then I married Joe who has fantastic grandparents and I adopted them as my own. So don't worry you may just marry a man who has a delightful extended family that will become yours too. And at least you know you will see yours again someday!
ReplyDelete