I received a scholarship for my internship in England. Kinda cool! Last night there the History Department held their Annual Student Awards Banquet at the Provo Marriott Hotel. I didn't realize it was going to be such a big deal. All of the History Department professors were present and there was a guest speaker. I took my friend Geoff Nelson. I hope he had fun time. Part of the evening included a presentation of certificates for papers, scholarships and awards. We each got to walk up to the front and receive our fancy paper and shake hands with a professor (I have no idea who he was). It was a great evening. Here is a picture of three of us. We all got scholarships and are all going to England. Hannah, me and Cassie. YAY for Family History.
Another neat moment, Thursday's school paper had an article in it about student's involvement in the Census. See if you recognize anyone in the article ;)
It was a good week. Robin Gleaves and I went up to Sandy for the BYU vs. Utah Rugby game. It was at the Real Salt Lake arena (aka Rio Tinto Stadium). What a beautiful venue! The game was SUPER CLOSE! Our boys played well. We lost by 2 points. We were super close.
One of the best parts of the evening was watching the people around us. There was a New Zealander sitting in front of us. He knew what he was talking about. He was cheering for BYU as he was drinking his beer. He was such a good sportsman. He would always make fun Utah but also was very willing to pick on BYU when they were playing sloppy and when the ref was making poor calls (which he was). Here is a picture of a scrum.
This was the last game I could attend this year. There is one tomorrow but I will be doing other things. I am excited for next year though. I can't wait to see them play again. I am also excited about going to games in England. I discovered that there is a Rugby, England (just 2 hours from my home!!!!) The place where Rugby began.
Sunday was a beautiful day. Patty, Chelsea and I went out to the lake to have a picnic. It was great! We walked around the lake a bit and I even got some sun! I also took a drive around the lake. I love drives.

This was from a few weeks ago, but I went to the Brian Regan Show. The pictures didn't turn out very well but here is just a taste. Good times!

Yay for scholarships! I'm so happy that you found a way to work that out. Awesome. Good luck with everything!
ReplyDeleteHi Angela, thats great news about your scholarship. We just have to get you over here now. Love, Dad
ReplyDelete