Pages

Thursday, 8 April 2010

Today Was A Cooking Day

Today was beautiful! Warm, fresh and just lovely. Spring is here (at least for today). I had a moment today when I was about to go against several of my goals that I set a few days ago. The feelings of ill will and anger began to grow as I let something bother me that really shouldn't have. I needed to get out. I needed to walk it off. I needed fresh air. I would NOT fail those goals so easily.

The result was me walking home from school. It was beautiful but the walk was not long enough for me to settle down. I still felt hurt and misunderstood. I felt that what was going wrong was my fault (which it isn't, I know this). Unsure of what to do, I took a short nap on the couch. Woke up feeling refreshed but not back to 100%.

I decided to cook.

That solved my problems. I made Parmesan Italian Chicken, baked potatoes, cream corn (from the can) AND a strawberry-banana pie. The feelings of happiness and joy came forth again. It wasn't my fault. I was over the thing that had disrupted my afternoon. I had been productive and made something that others and myself can enjoy.

It was a wonderful discovery :)

PS this is post 100!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! Hurray for being happy and feeling better!

    ReplyDelete