Pages

Wednesday, 10 November 2010

England: Week 16 - Stonehenge

My roommate Patty came to England for 10 ish days!! We traveled our rears off while she was here starting the moment she arrived. 

P(atty) Day 1: Stonehenge
I don't know what people normally think of when they see Stonehenge. I'd been there before but I forgot what it was like. I figured there would be some huge protection around it and tons of buildings (fast food and tourism shops) but no. It is really in the middle of a field with nothing around for a while.


You get to go around with this little speaker (that grandma is holding) that tells you all about the theories of why and how Stonehenge came about. Pretty neat.





Amazing!!

That evening Erin, Patty and I were chilling at home with Dad and Grandma and all of a sudden Dad says "lets go the jets are taking off". Dad must have super dog ears or something cause the jets were super quiet. The gentle hum of their taxing engines. So we all jumped in the car and took off for the Runway. 

THEY ARE AWESOME!!! The heat coming from them is intense. The precision of the airmen that work on them is incredible. And when they take off... The sound is deafening. I love it! The sound of freedom. The sound of my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment