Second Sunday of November
Celebrated by all British Commonwealth
Sacrament meeting today was centered around remembering those you have served in wars. The stories told were moving and humbling. My thoughts went towards the stories I've read and watched. They went to the many gravestones I've seen in the past month throughout Europe.
Here they have two minutes of silence at 11am on Veterans Day and on Remembrance Sunday. It was such an awesome feeling to stand with my ward at 11am and be completely silent and think of the many people who have fought and died for me. Even more humbling was to look around and realize that many men in the ward serve in the military. To pause and think of their sacrifices and the sacrifices of their families. Many women are alone in a foreign land raising their families while their husbands are away fighting for their country.
Today I am grateful for the various men and women who sacrificed their tomorrows so I could have today.
No comments:
Post a Comment