Pages

Wednesday, 29 December 2010

An End and a Beginning

Monday Erin and I flew back to Utah. It was a long day but pretty uneventful. I ended up staying away the whole time which I was impressed with. But after 23 hours of being awake my body starting feeling really weird. And traveling all day didn't help much. When we arrived in the Salt Lake Airport we ran into my aunt Jill who was just getting of work at the airport. It was good to see a familiar face. She walked us down to the baggage area where we met up with my cousins Heather and Clark. It is so crazy to think about how far we traveled and that we are back in the United States.  I find it incredible.

In the past day or so I've been amazed by several things about America:
-The roads are HUGE! Really wide and spacious. It is amazing!!!!
-Americans talk louder. That's for sure. Not a bad thing. Just different.
-Restaurants are everywhere!!! Not sure where to go first.
-There is STILL construction on I-15. Will it ever end?
-Stoplights and 4-way stops are annoying. Where are the roundabouts?!
-American people are bigger. Taller and a bit thicker.

I'm sure there are tons more but those are the ones that stuck out to me. I've been up since 3:30am getting organized and such. I'm running out of things to do this early in the morning. Jetlag is tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment