On Friday, Mom, Dad and I got up early and drove a few hours to a little city called Stoke-on-Trent. Here we met up with half of the Relief Society ready to shop at this tent sale. Many of the famous brands of nice English pottery is sold here. Things like Spode, Royal Dalton, Burliegh, and Portmarion. I must admit I was cranky with I got there. I had gotten up at 5am to travel hours only to stand out in a line, outside, in the cold for another hour with a bunch of crazy people.
THEN (oh yes, then), I went in to the secondhand store (pre-tent sale) and looked around. Plates that are usually $30 a piece were a lot cheaper in the store. THEN I went to the tent... The sales were incredible!!!! I got the cutest dishes!
We went to a few other places as well. I ended up with:
16 dinner plates (8 dots, 8 checker)
24 salad plates (8 dot, 8 christmas, 8 white)
8 bowls (red dot)
8 mugs (red dot)
1 serving bowl (black dot)
1 white serving dish
2 baking dishes (black dot)
1 crystal pitcher
Can I just say, I'm excited?!
(I've picked up a few plain white dishes since and can't wait to go dish shopping again next year!)

No comments:
Post a Comment